Thursday, April 7, 2011

Virtual Japan #1

The subject for this month's Virtual Paintout is Japan. I keep gravitating to images that have vending machines in them, mostly because I just like the colors and lights, but now I'm discovering that there is so much more to convenience than soda pop when it comes to vending machines in Japan. I thought it was funny when I came across a liquor vending machine, but that's still just another beverage. What if what you really need is some eggs, a necktie, an umbrella, a head of lettuce or a bouquet of flowers? Or, you might not NEED a pet rhino beetle, but you could get one of those too if you had the impulse.

Red/Green, oil on linen panel, 6x6 inches.
©2011 Amy Tennant 

4 comments:

  1. Hi Amy,
    I love all of your VP entries!...nice how you simplify the shapes and colors.
    I missed out on Capetown, but am looking in Japan...see you there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Renee,
    Thanks so much for your comments. I'm looking forward to seeing your entries for Japan! When I was scrolling through the Romania paintings I remember noticing your laundry painting and really liked the whimsical feeling it has.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Amy,

    Stumbled on your site via a comment you put up on Ana's Traffic Generation Cafe blog. Neat idea - I actually adopted it myself!

    I clicked through the "vending machines in Japan" text, did you see the robot Coca Cola vending machines?

    -Bruce

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Bruce - thanks for stopping by! Maybe I should consider the robot for my next subject...

    ReplyDelete